Globalization offered to companies new opportunities as well challenges. International production, trade and investments are increasingly organized within so-called global value chains (GVCs ΟΕCD), where the different stages of the production process are located across different countries.
In this webinar attendees will be able to understand global value chains and be equiped with a broad understanding of global issues of value chains including current challenges forced by pandemic of COVID-19.
The webinar contains both basic theory and real word case studies from global market to showcase challenges and best practices.
Key topics covered:
• Globalization and value chains
• Global production and services / offshoring
• Global sourcing
• International purchasing
• Offshoring / Reshoring
• International trade and value chains
• Digital Technologies in Global Value Chains
• Sustainability in Global Value Chain
• Current Challenges in Global value chains (uncertainty, lean)
• How COVID-19 outbreak have highlighted the interconnectedness between countries through global value chains (GVCs)
Instructor : Dimitris Karakoulas, Leadership Expert
Guest Experts – at the discussion session
Theodore Spiliotis, Author, Founder Athonian Management
Grigoris Grigoriadis, CEO, ITALY LINES International Transport and Logistics